Providence Health & Services Sr Medical Records Clerk *0.5/Day* in Seward, Alaska
Providence is calling a Sr Medical Records Clerk (Business Services, Day Shift, 0.5 FTE - 20 hours per week) to Seward Medical Center in Seward, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
In this position you will:
• Possesses expert content knowledge regarding ROI and patient record analysis. Demonstrates superior critical thinking and analytical skills to interpret communicate and execute regulatory requirements and organizational standards. Highly skilled with qualitative analysis of patient records.
• Fully understands and operates various computer software and hardware for their respective positions.
• Retrieve, collate, assemble, deliver, scan and file medical records in accordance with established policies.
• Respond and fulfill requests for patient information.
• Daily reconcile of patient records retrieved from individual departments to the daily discharge list.
• Provide quality customer service by telephone, in-person, and written communications.
• Deficiency analysis and assigning to appropriate providers and tracking to completion.
• Establish and maintain daily communication with all departments regarding incomplete documentation or missing records.
• Participate in team problem solving to achieve team objectives, goals, and assignments.
• Review and gather information for internal and external peer review.
• Maintain master signatures for physicians and nurses.
• Quality review of scanned documents.
• Complete work assignments in accordance with established performance standards.
• Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills and maintain professionalism at all times.
• Participate in Quality Improvement data collection.
• Maintain confidentiality of all information.
• Retrieve, file, scan, and deliver medical records to various off-site facilities.
• Implement and process records for destruction in accordance with established policy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Computer and keyboard skills course OR 1 year experience
Completion of college level course in medical terminology or equivalent experience and demonstrated knowledge
3 years experience working in or managing medical records in inpatient or ambulatory settings.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of college level course in Anatomy and Physiology
About Providence Seward Medical Center
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
Located only 125 miles south of Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing and hiking.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Req ID: 329780