Providence Health & Services Physical Therapist Assistant *0.0/Day* in Kodiak, Alaska
Providence is calling a Physical Therapist Assistant (Physical Therapy, Day Shift, 0.0 FTE - On-Call) to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
In this position you will:
• PATIENT CARE: Administers therapeutic exercises, massage, heat, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and iontophoresis. Administers traction. Uses whirlpool, debridement techniques, and applies dressing changes for wound care treatments. Observes patients during treatments. Compiles and evaluates data on responses to treatments and progress, and reports to the PT. May measure patient’s range-of-motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments and to assist PT in compiling evaluation data.
• DOCUMENTATION: Documents all aspects of care and outcomes in a manner both clear to others and that meets service standards.
• COLLABORATES: Confers with treatment care team, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient/resident/client information for planning, modifying, and coordinating plan of care.
• COMMUNICATES: Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as preambulatation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities to help them lead as normal a life as possible.
• EDUCATES: Assists the PT’s in ordering special equipment for patients/residents/clients. Fits and trains them in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
• CLERICAL: Performs routine clerical duties such as, but not limited to, answering telephone, scheduling appointments, assisting in the billing process, inventorying and ordering supplies, cleaning between patients, and filing treatment notes.
• Completes Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Associate degree in Physical Therapy
Current Alaska driver’s license with clean driving record and proof of current vehicle insurance.
BLS or the ability to attain certification within 90 days of date of hire required
1 year experience as a PTA
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A strong interest in manual therapy preferred
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island.
This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, two psychiatric care beds and two ICU beds. In addition, the Care Center, PKIMC’s extended care facility, has 19 long-term care beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy.
It is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Req ID: 325029