Providence Health & Services Admitting Representative in Kodiak, Alaska
Providence is calling a Admitting Representative (Specialty Clinic Dept. Day Shift, 0.5 FTE) to Kodiak Island Medical Center Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• INTERVIEW PROCESS: Accurately interviews and retrieves specific information from the patient, family, physician or other representative in a sensitive, respectful and confidential manner. Identifies potential candidates and assists customer/patient to research and obtain additional financial information or documentation when necessary.
• REGISTRATION AND DATA ENTRY: Schedules patient visits and referrals. Pre-registers patients ensuring all required information is obtained. Accurately enters data into the CPSI system within a timely manner. Prepares new patient charts and maintains current patient charts. Pulls and files medical records. Operates and troubleshoots a variety of hospital office equipment.
• DOCUMENTATION & PROCESSING: Obtains required referrals from physicians and other government agencies, (i.e. Veterans Administration, US Coast Guard, etc) prior to the scheduled appointment, Obtains required authorizations for treatment from insurance companies. Accurately completes documentation for the registration process including obtaining signatures and other related paperwork. Ensures that complete and accurate data is collected for each registration according to department and Medical Center policy and other regulatory procedures.
• Assists the Psychiatrist with his patients. Reviews the patient charts prior to appointments ensuring that documentation is in order. Takes and documents vital signs and escorts patients to his office. Coordinates med refills with PKICC.
• Checks office inventories and orders office supplies utilizing the hospital’s procedure. Sorts and distributes mail, processes forms sent to the office and maintains a filing system necessary for proper organization of work. Types and faxes correspondence, reports, memos and forms.
• Assists in coordinating the Visiting Specialist schedule. Updates the schedule as required and communicates changes with appropriate persons.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Embraces the Providence Service Standards in all aspects of position. Presents and conducts self in a professional manner. Provides support to coworkers and customers while demonstrating service excellence by building positive interpersonal relations to ensure productive and positive relationships are maximized. Develops a deep understanding of customer’s perspectives and needs and works to meet their expectations. Builds a culture of true caring by behavior and interactions with others.
• COMMUNICATION/TEAMWORK: Communicates in a compassionate and professional manner. Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills and cooperates with other departments and employees. Demonstrates commitment to teamwork and interacts harmoniously with others. Collaborates to ensure team success. Supports new orientees in learning department routines.
• CRITICAL THINKING AND ORGANIZATION: Utilizes available resources. Recognizes errors/problems and takes corrective action. Demonstrates effective priority setting and organization skills to promote department flow and cost efficiency. Anticipates and prioritizes workflow and adjusts work assignments to prevent delays and meet work flow demands. Assists with problem resolutions.
• PERSONNEL: Demonstrates knowledge and support of quality improvement goals. Participates in department, facility and organizational projects or committees as assigned.
• Completes Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• 1 year in Business office experience preferably in a healthcare setting.
• Experience working with Microsoft Windows.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 256073