Providence Health & Services Project Manager - Operational Excellence in Anchorage, Alaska
Providence is calling a Project Manager to the Operational Excellence team to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. This is a full time position.
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Understands and sets expectations for project teams around key strategies articulated by the Program Framework.
• Works closely with the Executive Team, Director of Operational Excellence, and Core Leaders to identify and resolve barriers to project completion. Keeps the group apprised of project status and progress to objective and key milestones using standard project management tools.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with a broad customer base and gains their trust and respect.
• Prepares charters and/or project objectives for each Project Team.
• Works with directors, project managers, change facilitators, and OE personnel in the region to coordinate objectives and resources such that the program is resourced realistically.
• Manages project plans for a range of project work streams such as top 10 list high reliability projects, quality improvement, system standardization implementation, and clinical staff council projects.
• Maintains project documentation including project plan, meeting agendas and summaries.
• Works closely with other stakeholders/participants/partners to ensure all needs/issues are communicated.
• Escalates issues as needed for additional input and resolution.
• Monitors results/satisfaction to ensure that projects meet expectations and deadlines.
• Tracks and reports progress weekly to the Director of Operational Excellence and appropriate executive sponsors.
• When practical and possible, connects with system-wide peers in Project Management, Change Facilitation, Communication, Operational Excellence, and IS to share tools, lessons learned and best practices.
• Ensures consistency and effectiveness across the entire portfolio of projects.
• Collaborates within the Operational Excellence team and creates a positive work environment. Takes personal responsibility for proactively addressing concerns or issues within the OE team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in Business administration, healthcare administration, public administration, information services, planning or a related discipline.
5 years of experience with proven track record in managing multiple complex high profile projects simultaneously, and driving towards successful results.
Experience with establishing project management infrastructure for core leaders in results driven environment.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
A consulting background is also beneficial for experience in a high production, deadline-oriented professional work environment requiring multi-tasking, flexibility, and self-directed work.
Demonstrated success in leading initiatives in a complex organization.Healthcare experience.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management (Clinical)
Req ID: 215534