Providence Health & Services Patient Care Technician - 4 North Medical/Surgical in Anchorage, Alaska
Providence is calling a Patient Care Technician (PCT) (4 North Surgical, Night Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Demonstrates understanding of and provides care according to Standards of Practice and the patient’s care plan. These duties are under the direct supervision of a licensed RN and performed according to the staff members expected competencies. Performs duties that assist with activities of daily living such as bathing, ambulating, and nourishment. Transports labs, obtain clean catch and other types of urine samples, performs point-of–care testing to include blood glucose, transports and/or escort patients, as well as holds patients/infants for care or procedures.
In appropriate areas: May assist with breastfeeding as a trained Peer Counselor.
• Communicates effectively with the RN or other caregivers regarding patient issues, family issues, MD issues, and equipment. Utilizes the “Hand Off of Communication Tools, “SBAR”. Communicates in a compassionate and professional manner with all staff, patients, families, providers, and visitors.
• Watches patients closely for changes in their health and responds by informing RN immediately. Also reports problematic and unusual circumstances in a timely and consistent manner, to RN partner or charge nurse.
• Electronically documents information in an accurate, concise and timely manner. Competent in the input and retrieval of this information within the patient’s medical record. Responsible for documenting vital signs, I/Os, pain scores, weights, meal intake, activities of daily living and any other necessary information.
• Possesses knowledge of the Hospital and National Patient Safety Goals:
• Uses at least two ways of identifying patients, name and date of birth.
• Uses hand cleaning guidelines, before and after patient contact.
• Exercises all preventative measures in patient fall prevention as outlined in PAMC Falls Prevention Policies and Procedures.
• Possesses knowledge of patient care needs for maintaining skin integrity. Reports redness to Registered Nurse responsible for patient care.
• Follows defined process to ensure paper medical records are routed correctly to HIM to be scanned into the electronic medical record.
• Assists in scheduling treatments and tests and the printing patient labels. Oversees the front desk operations, including the welcoming and check-in of patients, families and visitors.
• Maintains and operates multiple telecommunications systems. Understands and able to coordinate the process for downtime slips. Facilitates inter-department communication regarding transfers, admits and discharges.
• Maintains and operates multiple pieces of equipment in a safe and effective manner to improve patient care.
• Accurately maintains department records, reports, and files per procedure. Assists with maintenance of patient databases and unit specific audits. Assists with collection of data for quality measures as appropriate and necessary. Responsible for measuring and recording unit refrigerator temperatures on a daily basis per hospital policy.
• During a code, assists code team by obtaining necessary equipment, supplies and people.
• Assists in the patient admitting, transfer, and discharge procedure. Transports patients via wheelchair and stretcher.
• Assists in orientation/teaching other hospital employees.
• Responsible for maintaining, ordering and stocking unit supplies in an efficient and cost effective manner. May arrange environmental maintenance and repairs as needed and follow up on work orders not completed.
• Prepares rooms for procedures, with required equipment and supplies stocked to appropriate levels.
• Cleans designated unit specific equipment according to Infection Control standards.
• Completes initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
High school graduate or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
Completion of Medical Terminology course or successful completion of hospital Medical terminology test within 90 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program or 6 months of health care experience
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Other Healthcare Support
Req ID: 244128