Providence Health & Services Certified Medical Assistant - Peds Subspeciality Clinic in Anchorage, Alaska
Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant (Pmg Ped Subspecialities Dept, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Physician Service Organization in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Prepare patients for physician encounter. Taking vital signs as indicated, recording chief complaint and preparing appropriate instruments for examination/procedure.
• Perform procedures such as ear lavage, tympanogram, audiogram, administration of medications, EKG, vision screening, dressing changes and finger stick blood glucose testing under the direct supervision of the physician.
• Assist providers with procedures such as minor surgical procedures, IUD insertions, orthopedic casting/splinting, pelvic exams, signoidascopy, biopsy and colposcopy.
• Provides basic patient education including prescription usage, immunization information, STD education, lifestyle education for wellness under the direct supervision of a physician.
• Provides support duties such as stocking and cleaning exam rooms, cleaning, wrapping and autoclaving instruments, filing records and helping to maintain medication cupboards.
• Performs patient follow-up as directed by the physician. Schedules referral appointments and responding to patient messages.
• Completes Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Graduate from a medical assistant program
National Certification/Registration as a Medical Assistant
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years of clinical experience
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Alaska in many locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 241781