Providence is calling a Call Center Specialist (Food and Nutrition, Variable Shift, 1.0 FTE, Full-time) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
$1,500 hiring bonus for eligible external hires that meet required qualifications and conditions for payment.
In this position you will:
• Ensures that medical nutrition therapy is optimized by assisting patients in the daily application of therapeutic diet prescriptions.
• Provides high quality customer service while interacting with patients. Responds to patients needs and assist in ordering trays, supplies and nourishments in a positive and proactive manner.
• Monitors food handling according to HACCP guidelines ensuring food quality and safety is being met.
• Follows proper procedures for sanitation, infection control and safety in accordance with municipal, state and federal regulations.
• Collects patient selections for meal service within the prescribed medical therapy guidelines prescribed by the physician primarily via telephone conversation; personally collects patient orders as needed. Ensures correct food choices have been selected for ordered patient diet within the prescribed medical nutrition therapy guidelines prescribed by the physician. Provides cooks and production staff with accurate meal order tickets for meal preparation.
• In the absence of expediter, completes food service procedures to include: checking trays for accuracy and quality, completes temperature logs, monitors timeliness of delivery, and completes all necessary documentation.
• Acts a New Admit Specialist (NAS) as scheduled to explain room service process and ordering to new patients, clinical staff and family members as needed.
• Assists in quality improvement of patient care by compiling statistical data and conducting patient interviews to document food quality and service.
• Documents events in communication log and other forms of communication necessary for continued follow-up.
• Able to operate and function on a computer to include email, excel, word, food and nutrition software and other specific programs that provide data for viewing and processing, allergies, diet orders and nutritional supplements. May be required to process floor stock orders, track billing and tube feeding charges as assigned.
• Safeguards and maintains confidentiality of all patient, medical staff, employee and other information.
• Promotes positive customer relations with staff, patients and visitors.
• Assumes responsibility for obtaining current and accurate information and expanding knowledge base through the use of continuing education and other appropriate learning experience.
• Completes initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications this position include:
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical
infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of “Know me, care for me, ease my way.” Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, we’ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: 103008
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Customer Service
Job Function: Administration
Schedule: Full time
Career Track: Admin Support
Department: 1017 AK PAMC FOOD NUTRITION
Address: AK Anchorage 3200 Providence Dr
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.