Providence Health & Services Employee Relations Consultant I PSJH in Alaska
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling an Employee Relations Consultant I PSJH. This is a 100% remote position and candidates may reside in Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon or California.
We are seeking an Employee Relations Consultant I PSJH who will responsible for serving as a resource for leaders and employees who face employee relations matters where content and assistance is needed. The role requires utilizing best practice approaches to positive employee and labor relations, adherence to HR policies and compliance with regulatory and policy requirements and issues. Additional areas of accountability include employee relations research, identifying trends and patterns and need for critical intervention, labor relations research, dispute alternatives and policy development, effective record keeping, and data integrity. Maintains HR metrics and dashboards and reports to other HR professionals so actions can be aligned with findings.
Key Areas of Focus:
• Provides just in time support for employee relations questions and concerns, contract interpretation, and non-complex employee grievance resolution after thorough contract and policy review and investigations have been completed.
• Use of facts and data collection to interpret and trend data for effective business decisions.
• Provides consulting expertise in employment based compliance.
• Supports Employee Relations and HR Consulting in addressing complex employee relations cases
Acts as trusted personal advisor to leaders and employees during "Moments that Matter" throughout the employment life-cycle.
Requires an effective and professional working relationship with all levels of the organization, including employees and leaders. Provides next level of escalation support for department and caregivers.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Serve as a consultant to employees and leaders on employee relations matters where content and subject-matter expertise is needed.
• Focuse on real time ER assessments and recommendations.
• Assist in identifying opportunities for problem resolution to resolve issues between leaders and employees.
• Works to deploy best practices in the administration and delivery of Employee Relations services (e.g. Regulatory Bodies, EEOC and state agencies, ADA/LOA, Wage & Hour, Wrongful Discharge).
• Promote and utilize HR technology, metrics, and systems to support the overall needs of the business.
• Responsible for accurate and timely case management using ServiceNow system in promotion of data compliance, integrity and reporting.
• Provide rudimentary training/education regarding interpretation and implementation of applicable laws, HR policies and collective bargaining agreements.
• Demonstrate service excellence and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with others, including employees, internal and external customers, to maximize productivity and service delivery results.
• Respond timely to complex questions, including researching appropriate information and soliciting SME input when requested and appropriate.
• Escalate issues, where appropriate, through a formalized issue/inquiry escalation process within HR Consulting as well as to other business partners, where applicable.
• Resolve employee and/or leader questions and concerns through the various steps of the employment life cycle.
• Provide and advise caregivers and core leaders with information about HR policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge and application of all compliance and legal requirements of the job based on the scope of practice of the position.
• Use critical thinking and strategic methodology to identify and develop innovative service delivery solutions. Provides Employee Relations Consulting expertise on projects, may lead small projects.
• Assure compliance with confidentiality policies, in accordance with State and Federal laws, maintains confidentiality of employee, patient, and business related information.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or equivalent education/experience.
3 years experience in general human resources, or equivalent work experience, at exempt level, in multi-state/location, service line of business.
2 years demonstrated experience in the area of Employee Relations, labor relations, ADAAA, and leaves of absence.
3 years demonstrated experience providing high-touch customer service in 'concierge' style environment.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
HR Certification (PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
1 year additional experience in the area of Labor Relations, and specialty areas of HR Service Center, Drug Free Workplace, Compliance, and/or Performance Management.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for our Providence family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: HR Generalist
Other Location(s): Montana, California, Washington, Oregon, Alaska
Req ID: 312641